7.14.2007

How to have a good week and feel bad...

It's funny how one Ahh Shit! can erase 5 Atta Boy's!

Overall a good week, Monday through Thursday I was focused and was able to get in some really strong workouts.

All cardio this week was on the stair mill. I did two manual sessions, one of which was just brutal and ended up burning nearly 700 calories a couple people were actually looking at with 'What the hell is wrong with that guy!' all over their faces... I also did an interval session and a fat burner session.

Weights were good, two upper body and two legs sessions. I even did one set on the leg press with 5 plates per side.

All was good until yesterday...

I had every intention of going to the gym after dropping Sam off at summer school but I lost focus due to an issue he's had to deal with involving another student. So I came home and worked a till noon. After picking up Sam I had my performance review at work scheduled and thought that I might go to the gym after that. Good review, but know I had to pick Sam up again in two hours just didn't work for me mentally and by that time I was hungry!

So, instead I had some leftover yaki tri-tip, yaki-chicken kabob and some rice. But that wasn't enough so I had what some might call a mountainous bowl of ice cream. Of course my buddy Kurtiss would consider it amatureish at best compared to his performances involving a half gallon of ice cream and a spoon...

Regardless that was all it took for me to go from distinguished effort to poor...

Then to make matters worse we went to Filipi's Italian Restaurant for dinner after Sam's soccer game where I put a hurtin on some Chicken Parm, spaghetti and a 1/2 order of Lasagna (shared with Mandi of course) all accompanied by two Firehouse brews...

Strange how quickly you can go from atta boy to ah shit...

As an aside I've been debating with my self the merits of Stair Climbing in the gym vs. running outside. Stair climbing has felt more like training for a climb but I've been wondering if it's Cardio-ly as intense as running. Time wise I would do the activities for about he same duration but I'm not sure which works my heart more and which burns more calories (those being my two goals with cardio at this time). Love to get some feedback on that issue...

And finally I've been trying to learn a little spanish. I've learned a little spanish numerous times but I don't use it for a while and it's gone. Strange...

Anyway - Habla Espanol? Si, hablo un poco de espanol. Ah, es usted Norte Americano? Si, soy Norte Americano. :) When I get to Ecuador I'll try to resist the urge to use my standard line: Donde esta el casa de poopoo...

No comments: