7.23.2007

Time Marches On

Well, that count down timer over there sure seems to be relentless...

I had a pretty good week last week. I had Jury Duty on Monday, unfortunately I didn't get on a case... But I also didn't get to work out on Monday. The rest of the week was solid, however. Now I just need to address my diet... :(

I did some research over the weekend on the places we'll be staying in Ecuador. The hotel we'll be staying in in Quito looks pretty nice! It's the Hotel Mercure Alameda, Quito. It looks pretty modern. Not sure what I expected really but the hotel looks nice... We'll spend the first three nights at the Hotel Mercure Alameda.

After our first acclimatization hike we will move to the Hacienda El Porvenir in the Illiniza Norte range and near Cotopaxi National Park

After our night in the Hacienda we head to the Jose Ribas Refugio, climbers hut. I hear this is a really nice climbers hut and that it was recently rebuilt....

After a hopefully successful climb of Cotopaxi we'll head to the Hosteria La Cienega. This place looks amazing! I am repeatedly struck by the age of places in Ecuador. Most everything in California is new, or nearly so. New in other countries seems be less than 200 years.

With one night in the Hosteria we then head to the Hacienda Guachala for one night. This is the oldest Hacienda in Ecuador and parts of it were laid down as early as 1580! We'll prepare for our attempt on Cayambe here and recover from any lingering effects from Cotopaxi.

Our next night will be in the Climbers Hut on Cayambe. I've heard this hut is one of the nicest in all of South America!

And then when we come off Cayambe we head back to the Hotel Mercure Alameda and get ready to fly back to the USA.

Okay, back to planning my next work out and thinking about food...

R

No comments: