10.08.2007

Good Hard Hikes!

So last week I went and did Iron Mountain. I tried to keep pushing myself the whole way. I was probably carrying about 35 pounds, which isn't much but it's something. It was a bit hot.

I did the 3.5 miles up in 55 minutes. It took another 45 minutes to come back down. It felt good and I pushed it hard enough to get a good workout out of it. I hope to be able to do that again this Thursday. I definitely want to spend some more time walking down hill!

Next Sunday Kurtiss and I will run up and down Mount Baldy. I haven't done it so I'm not sure what to expect. I plan on carrying at least 35 pounds again, maybe a little bit more. I'm not going to wear plastics though. I'll just wear my hiking boots. Since this hike is up and down I think this might be better than San Jacinto, even though San J. is much more elevation gain.

Last weekend I went up to Palomar Mountain to look at the telescope with my family. I could feel the 6000' up there.... hmmmmm....

Until next time,
R

No comments: