10.12.2007

More Gym, More Hikes

The other day at the gym I did 30 minutes of intervals on the stairs at level 14. Puking was an option but I made it through... I followed that up with 20 minutes on the stationary bike.

Last night I met Kurtiss at Iron Mountain, we both carried around 35 or 40 pounds. Kurtiss wore plastics and paid the price for that... We were up in 61 minutes and down in 50. It was a good workout and I felt better afterwards than I did last week. I just got back from the gym, 30 minutes at level 13 on the stairs and 20 minutes on the bike.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to the Miramar Air Show and Sunday morning early we'll hit Baldy, which I found out is actually called Mt. San Antonio and is the third highest peak in SoCal at 10,064 feet.

I'm hoping to do a Thursday evening hike every week until the week before I leave for Ecuador. I enjoy getting out and I can really feel the difference between carrying weight up and down a real trail and climbing stairs in the gym. This was something lacking in my preparation for Rainier last year so I hope this helps me somewhat. I'm also hoping to get in a few more climbs of higher peaks where I can put in 5 to 7 hours of good hard hiking. But we'll see if my schedule allows for that.

I'll check in again after Sunday. It's Raiders week... GO CHARGERS!

No comments: