6.30.2007

6/30/2007 Week in Training

Well we finally have a good week of training to report! Can't say my motivation was any more than it has been but my perseverance has kept me going...

  • Monday was cardio, stationary bike, 30 minutes random hills level 10, then legs pretty hard.
  • Tuesday was again cardio on the bike. Both days on the bike were due to people being on the stair mills each day. Then hit the weights for an upper body workout.
  • Wednesday was finally on the stair mill but at the gym near work followed by a nice and painful legs session.
  • Thursday was again on the stair mill, 30 minutes, followed by a hardy helping of upper body resistance training. In addition to my normal chest/back bi's/tri's workout I added some shoulder training. That was interesting...
  • And Friday despite my schedule being shot to hell by various server failures out there in cyber land we made it to the gym in the afternoon. I hit the stair mill HARD for 40 minutes thinking that was all I was going to do. Then Mandi decided to do our normal legs session. I thought, well okay, I'll play too... During the first exercise, leg presses, I was pretty winded still from my stair mill session and had to rest between loading plates on... hehe. So I'm reading a book right now, Lone Survivor. It's by a Navy Seal who was the lone survivor of search and destroy mission in Afghanistan in 2005. I'm still in the first half of the book where he details SEAL training... I thought about that book for a few minutes and pushed through my moment of weakness... I gotta say, that book has been way more inspirational than any movie or mountaineering book I've read recently... It's now on my Recommended list, just like Oprah. :D
I started looking at flight information for December this week. Gerry sent his potential itinerary and it looks like I could hook up with him in Houston and then we could fly down to Quito together arriving in Ecuador at 10PM local time. Right now that flight will cost me about $700. Looking pretty good I'd say!

Also with regards to Ecuador time. I got a new 20" iMac yesterday (Friday) and I was setting it up, time zone and everything... :D So I added a clock for San Diego and Quito, Ecuador. Quito is on central time, only two hours later than Pacific Time! Seemed kind of a trip to me since it's so far away. Our total travel time will be nearly 10 hours and total flight time will be nearly 7 hours, yet we'll still only be 2 hours difference... Show's how often I've flown north or south...

Okay, that's all for this update, I need to go play with my iMac some more...
Ciao,
R

No comments: