6.28.2007

A little gym ettiquette please?

When I started this particular blog it was never my intention to make a place for my rants. I do that enough elsewhere. But since this particular gripe is about the gym it seemed appropriate to put it here.

So here is my list of things I wish people in the gym either would or would not do:

  • I use a red lock on my locker. I wish people would notice the lock and not select the locker right next to mine. Now if the locker room were full I wouldn't complain but when I go in the mornings there are barely 10 peeps in there for 80 lockers.
  • When I put my bag on the bench I try to use as little room as possible so as to leave room for others. When I go to the shower I put everything in my bag or locker so the total space I use is just the footprint of the bag. I wish others would try to do something similar, as opposed to one person taking up an entire bench.
  • I wish people would re-rack their plates. I walked up to the squat sled and there were 5 plates on each side and no one around.
  • I wish people would put away their dumb-bells. This morning 4 of 6 benches had dumb-bells on them implying that someone was working out there. So I stood to do my curls and shoulder presses. No one ever came to use those dumb-bells the entire time I was there.
  • I wish people wouldn't put their towel on a shower stall and then go swim or sit in the sauna for 20 minutes. Someone else might want to use that stall.
  • I wish people would rinse the sink after using it. Nothing more gross than old toothpaste, whiskers or spit in the sink, especially if it isn't mine.
  • I wish people would at least use a towel in the sauna.
  • I wish LA Fitness in 4S Ranch would put shower curtains on the men's shower stalls.
  • I wish people would have conversations somewhere other than on the machine I want to use.
  • I wish my gym had more than 3 stair mills. The last several days they've all been in use when I get there. Of course the three peeps on there stay there for 30, 40 even 60 minutes...
  • I wish people would use one machine at a time.
  • I wish people would wipe machines down after using them!

1 comment:

GW said...

I wish Ray would learn to get along with others...

I hear ya. My favorite is when someone asks to mix in a set in between your sets and then takes like 5 minutes to do the 3 types of exercises on that machine for their circuit. Yeah, it was technically one set, but common, a little gym etiquette. PLEASE.