11.16.2007

The 1000 Calorie Lunch Workout

Gerry sent me a couple text messages earlier today.

The First: 14 DAYS!!!
The Second: I just left REI, am going on a 10mi 3500ft hike!

I was motivated... Sort of...

I went to the gym at lunch and saw that somebody was on MY stair climbing machine! I admit it! I was mildly relieved that I would just have to do the bike for a while. Then when I came out of the locker room MY machine was free... Okay... I'll do it...

So I got on MY machine and pecked the numbers it needs. For duration I entered 60 minutes.

I started slow to warm up and as usual if I don't feel I'm getting a good workout I start upping the level. I guess I do hate wasting time in the gym... Eventually I was up at level 10, level 11 and level 12. I checked my heart rate a couple times for 6 seconds. Each time I got to 15 or 16.

After 45 minutes or so I couldn't read anymore and put my magazine away. At this point I was just holding on till the end, changing hand positions every 10 to 20 seconds or so.

60 minutes! Done! 2 Minutes cool down! Done!

As I slowly rode the stairs to the bottom I noticed the calories burned readout. 1021!

Great way to cap a great week of training! And I still have Baldy again on Sunday!

I got an email from Kurtiss yesterday saying he was coming back to the USofA tomorrow. He plans on hiking Baldy every day of the Turkey-day break. Seem a bit aggressive? That's how Kurtiss do... Maybe I can hook with him one of those days. I'd love to get in one more good hike after Sunday!

Ciao
R

No comments: