11.05.2007

Fires and Jobs

Wow, it's been a while. Well, training has suffered a bit in the last two weeks. The biggest hit to my schedule has been the fires in Southern California.

Just before my birthday fires came roaring through Rancho Bernardo, where I live, and made not only working out dangerous but even going outside was a health risk! First we spent three days cooped up in our house waiting for the flames to come over the hills. Thankfully for us the fires passed us by to the north, but those neighborhoods were hit hard as the news has shown.

Also due to the self destructive methods of her boss Mandi has lost her job. That has also put a cramp in my training schedule.

Anyway, what that has meant for my training is that I simply haven't been training! I have made it into the gym a couple if times since 10/25, but have done no hiking at all. I called Mt. Baldy visitor center this morning and they, along with the entire Angeles National Forest, are still closed. Though the bored girl there was hoping it might open this week. I hope that's the case because I would REALLY love to get up there on Sunday!

Thursday this week I plan on getting back on Iron Mountain. I checked that trail and someone was on it yesterday so it appears to be open, and I don't believe it actually burned in the fires so the trail should actually be in pretty good shape.

So regardless of jobs and trails and fires etc. Ecuador awaits! She will not care about excuses. Mother Nature is relentless and knows no mercy so it is on me to be prepared regardless of conditions. I am prepared for this, see you in the Gym today. :D

R

No comments: