11.15.2007

Cool mountain pictures

Mandi just sent me these links and I thought I'd share. Great pictures of Cotopaxi and Cayambe.

http://www.ecuador-images.net/mountain.cotopaxi.htm

http://www.ecuador-images.net/mountain.cayambe.htm

And training is still going good this week. I'm not sure if I'll get up to Baldy this weekend or not but I hope I can get up there during the thanksgiving holiday.

I also got some helpful information back from one the Guide Supervisors at RMI. I wanted to know if everything we took to the huts would be going to the summit with us in our packs. Also if we needed to hike in plastic boots from the trucks to the huts or if we could use lighter hiking boots.

So first they have private lockers in the huts that we can store extra stuff we won't need on the summit like cooking and eating gear and sleeping bags.

On Cotopaxi the hike to the hut from the trucks is less than an hour so we can just wear plastics for that short walk.

On Cayambe the trucks will pretty much drive us right to the hut!

This is very good news to me all around since on Rainier I suffered the most after we got back to Camp Muir after summiting. We then had to finish the hike out with 6 more miles under full packs. This is were I started to see the frayed end of my rope...

Excited and Nervous...
R

No comments: