11.20.2007

Single Digit Midget!

We are now down under 10 days!

Well, I didn't make it to Mt. Baldy on Sunday like I'd planned. So Mandi and I went and ran up Iron Mountain Sunday morning. We didn't exactly run up it but we were moving pretty good. It was pretty darn hot and I was carrying about 40 pounds. The pack was so light I hardly noticed it...

Everyone on the trail seemed to have a comment about the size of my pack. There were a lot of people on the trail too. I haven't done Iron Mountain on a weekend like that in some time so it was somewhat surprising how crowded it was.

I wore my new Hard Shell pants and those things are very comfy to hike in. Very stretchy and they breath pretty well.

So that was a quick 2 hour hike. Later in the day we went by REI because they are having their winter sale and we didn't want to miss out!

I picked up a new beany, a fleece bag for my ski goggles, some socks, my chem hand warmers, Convertible pants, couple shirts, some snowboard pants, a webbing belt and I wanted to get a new down jacket but they didn't have what I was looking for. So I ordered that online yesterday... :D Yeah, we spent way more than we needed too...

Now all I need are some Lithium batteries for my headlamp and camera and my food! And I need to spend some time organizing my stuff and sorting through some travel details. hmmmm...

Out,
R

No comments: