11.09.2007

The Forest is Open!

Okay... Pretty good week back at training. I had a 45 minutes session on the stairs at level 11, another at level 12 and a 45 minute session on the bike.

I was supposed to go do Iron Mountain last night but the mountain was socked in with fog. The last time I did Iron Mountain in the fog it took 2 hours to come down. That coupled with the fact that due to the recent fires there have been a few Mountain Lion sightings in the area I decided to skip hiking in the dark and fog alone for four hours...

So now it looks like the Angeles National Forest is back open as of yesterday. My plan now is to assault Mt. Baldy for 5 to 6 hours on Sunday. I hope to get an early start and carry about 40 to 50 pounds to the summit. This will be a solo hike since Kurtiss is out of the country and Mandi has to kick it at home with Sam.

I went to REI yesterday and used a gift card I got for my birthday to pick up some adventure clothes that I'll wear on the plane down to Ecuador. :D I picked up some North Face mid-weight convertible pants and a nice long sleeve North Face shirt.

Also earlier this week Al from the Today Show was down in Ecuador. It was cool checking his reports out but I don't think I'll be going anywhere near the places he went.

Looking forward to some good hard hiking this weekend and I'll report back in afterwards.

No comments: