11.28.2007

Packing

Man, I feel a bit overwhelmed... Not sure why but I think it's mostly work. I'm trying to get things to where I can leave them for two weeks.

I have started packing things. I packed my food last night. I also have a big pile in the garage and a big pile in my bedroom. Those will start to go into backpack and duffel tonight. I plan on being packed tonight. I don't want to stress on packing tomorrow night. We have to get up early Friday morning so I can be at the airport by 6:15AM. My sleep has been a bit restless the last couple days.

I'm nervous too. I just got an email from the lead guide, Dave Conlan. In addition to his welcome message he sent at link to his website, David B. Conlan. I checked his website and I'm hoping I didn't get myself in over my head on this thing... That's probably just nerves talking though... ;)

Looks like there are eight climbers on this trip plus two guides. I'm hoping these are cool people. I remember Kurtiss and I talking before our Rainier trip. We had two concerns, not including summiting. One that we would be the slow pokes on our team and two that we'd be on a rope with an asshole. Neither happened so it was a good trip, but now I'm having the same worries hehe...

I am not normally a worrier so this is a new experience for me.

Dave's email also stated three goals he has for every adventure:
- Come back alive
- Come back friends
- Come back successful (like summiting).

Sound like great goals to me!

R

No comments: